What are the features of staying in Egypt?
1. Heat. Life in Egypt is calm and measured. Apparently, from the heat, you can’t run too much. Our habits of doing everything quickly cause confusion. Coming to a restaurant, you need to sit and relax. Do not rush to bring the soup quickly, then the second. Why rush on vacation?
Even more confusing for the local staff is the way tourists carry their large suitcases themselves. In their understanding, tourists are rich, and a porter is worth a penny.
It is customary to tip porters here. This is even legalized by the state, since the staff receives very little. By the way, Egypt has a very small tip compared to other countries.
2. Bazaars. Sellers in Egypt are still psychologists. Standing idle at the counter all their adult life, they perfectly guess the mood of the buyer.
Therefore, you must show complete indifference to the product you want to buy. You need to start with a trinket that you basically don’t need. If the trader sees interest in your eyes, he will never give up in price.
And as if between times you need to ask the price of a product that is really interesting. At the same time, the initial price must be called significantly lower than the one you are willing to pay.
Then gradually raise the price to a relatively acceptable level. And buy if you agree.
3. Excursions. Many tourists, wanting to save money, buy vouchers from small non-accredited Egyptian firms, which cut prices to make any money. They save on everything. Many of the declared tourists usually do not visit.
Particularly dangerous is that the buses that such firms hire are often not prepared for travel. Up to the questionable qualifications of drivers.
The situation is the same with divers. Many use the services of underwater centers that are not accredited at a hospital with pressure chambers. All reputable clubs pay taxes in order to be able to place their client in a pressure chamber. The cost of staying in such a pressure chamber for 1 hour is 5 thousand dollars.
By the way, don’t go diving the next day after the flight. The body must acclimatize
4. Car for rent. Some tourists rent a car. Just keep in mind that people in Egypt travel at random. There are various specific points that are only on the roads of Egypt. Headlights do not work on many cars. And most importantly, foreigners do not know the gestures of local drivers, which thus replace the normal rules.
5. Women’s outfits. When going to Egypt, one must remember that this is a Muslim country. It is not customary to bare your belly here. Otherwise, you will be mistaken for a woman of easy virtue and shout after various obscene words.
You should especially dress appropriately if you are going on an excursion to a mosque or church. Unfortunately, foreign women do not always paint their eyes to the point; they wear high-heeled shoes to the detriment of convenience.
Going to Egypt, it is advisable to familiarize yourself with the traditions and habits of the local population in order to avoid awkward moments.
For any questions regarding the choice of real estate FOR RENT in Hurghada, you can always consult with our specialists who have up-to-date information and will help you make the right choice
+20 106 930 3640 Contact us
Skype: Hurghada RedSeaLine