Negotiations on the opening of a charter service between Russia and the Egyptian resorts of Sharm El Sheikh and Hurghada will resume after the end of the 2018 World Cup. The head of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation Yevgeny Dietrich told the journalists about it.
«All additional activities related to clarification in the Egyptian direction, we will carry out after the World Cup in Russia is over,» he said, reports «TASS».
Note that in the first 11 months of 2017, Egypt noted a 55% increase in foreign tourist flow to the country. Earlier this was stated by the director of the National Tourism Organization of the Arab Republic of Egypt Hisham El Demeri. According to him, from January to November last year, 30% of the total number of foreign visitors to Egypt were residents of Arab countries, which is 15% more than in 2016. Also, tourists from Asia were in the black, increasing their indicators up to 2 times, up to 10%. In addition, despite warnings from the British Foreign Office, a 30% increase in tourist traffic was recorded from the UK.
Recall that on January 4, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree on the restoration of air traffic between Russia and Egypt. However, at the moment we are talking only about direct regular flights between Moscow and Cairo.
+20 106 930 3640 Contact us
Skype: Hurghada RedSeaLine